This was my first “real” mountain bike.
TL;DR, I spent one summer back home after getting kicked out of college my freshman year for poor grades, so I got a job at a small bike shop and helped out as a sales/mechanic/whatever.
The shop sold GT, so I splurged and picked up this Zaskar LE frame, along with that omg-oh-so-sweet RockShox Mag 21 SL Ti fork with my employee discount.
Lots of purple-anno goodies in the build. Here’s what I can pick out from the photos:
- GT Zaskar LE frame (16″)
- RockShox Mag 21 SL Ti fork (63 or 80mm, can’t remember), with ODI clear stanchion booties
- Selle Italia Flite saddle w/Ti rails and perforated leather(!)
- Suntour XC-Pro MicroDrive crankset 175mm
- Ringlé Moby seatpost
- Ringlé water bottle cage
- Mavic 217(?) rims with Wheelsmith DB spokes (I built these myself!)
- Ringlé SuperBubba front hub, MachineTech rear (silent roller clutch!)
- Continental XC tires (can’t remeber the model, but they were superlight and a bit skinny)
- ControlTech stem
- Syncros bar ends
- Dia-Compe 987 brakeset
- XTR rapid-fire shifters/levers
My project wishlist is to source all of these parts and rebuild this bike! I’ll probably end up spending 10x for these parts today. Stay tuned!