Update: Sold on 05/09/13.
After a bit of a break from biking, I decided to get back into it and bought my first “modern” bike. An ‘06 Specialized Epic, which turned out to be an awesome ride coming from a hardtail-only history. My next upgrade path was to something with a bit more travel and this is what I ended up with: an ’09 Trek Fule EX 9.8 with a carbon main triangle no less.
This is the bike I ride all the time. The others are really just wall hangers that i can’t seem to bring myself to part with, or what I ride if I loan this bike to a friend to ride.
All parts have been swapped from stock except for the headset, bottom bracket, and rear shock! I’m a tinkerer…
Just under 25lbs with pedals.
- Fox Talas 150 RLC with tapered steerer; quick adjust from 110-130-150mm travel on the fly.
- Stans Olympic wheelset to DT Swiss/Hugi 240s hubset
- Specialized S-Works The Captain front and rear; tubeless with Stans sealant
- XTR m960 crankset (I love the look of this crank)
- XTR m970 shifters, levers, brakes, rear derailleur
- Thompson setback post
- Syncros FL saddle (pretty…)
- Ritchey SuperLogic carbon low-riser bar
- Ritchey WCS carbon stem 110mm and Ritchey True Grips
- Ritchey v4 pedals
- KMC X9 SL Gold chain (Bling!)
- Can you tell who my favorite component manufacturer is yet?