Trigger Bell – The Best 1x Setup Bike Bell!
With the movement to 1x drivetrain setups, I’ve found it difficult to find a bell that mounted to my cockpit in a way that was easy to access and ring, without taking my hands off the grips or having to unwrap my thumb, etc.
Previously, I had used a Mirrycle Incredibell Brass Duet Bell (~$10 from Amazon; Warning: if you get this bell, be sure to buy from a REAL bicycle shop such as “Trail This”, as many of the ones listed are fakes made in China ~$2, while the genuine product is made in Japan).
I mounted the Duet bell upside-down on the left-side, situated where my index finger would normally hit the release trigger for the front derailleur shifter. In this position, it worked great and was very ergonomic. I could also keep my hand/thumb firmly wrapped around the grips. The bell also has a very loud and long ring tone, which rings both on the initial push and also on the return of the lever, so 2 pings per push (“Ding-ding”!).
ShockWiz is one of the most innovative products to come to the MTB market and the information it provides about your setup is invaluable. Take out the guesswork and remove the technical barrier behind suspension setup. Stop tinkering with your suspension and push your ride to the limits instead. Sign up now to reserve your rental!
What is it?
ShockWiz is a suspension tuning system for air-sprung mountain bikes that combines high-tech hardware with an intuitive smartphone app. Lightweight, durable and powered by a long-lasting coin cell battery, ShockWiz automatically records and evaluates suspension performance every time you ride. The ShockWiz app displays straightforward adjustments that unite bike, terrain and riding style.
ShockWiz works for all mountain bike riders, regardless of their experience or bike’s intended use. It works on hardtail and dual suspension bikes, and for all levels of skill, speed and terrain.
With ShockWiz, you know exactly how your suspension is performing – and how to make it better.
Features & Benefits
- Automated tuning recommendations.
- Shock tuning score — a snapshot of how well your suspension is set up for you.
- Works on hardtail and dual suspension bikes. Works for Cross-Country, Trail, All Mountain and Downhill.
- Inexpensive, replaceable CR2032 battery lasts for months.
- Waterproof and dust proof — IP67 rating.
- Two alternative hoses (included) offer a range of fitting options.
- Smartphone app is compatible with Apple and Android phones.
- ShockWiz is designed for all mountain bike riders, regardless of your experience or bike’s intended use.
- You can tune for every riding style: Efficient (pedaling), Balanced, Playful or Aggressive.
- Advice for air pressure, spring rate, compression and rebound is displayed in the intuitive smartphone app.
- In the box: ShockWiz hardware, front and rear-specific hoses, rubber mounting boots and zip ties.
SOUNDS AWESOME! How much do they cost?
SRAM has priced the Shockwiz at only $399 USD EACH!
Uh, I think I’d rather rent them!
Good thinking! Check out my sister website at FeelTheBerm.com for more details, pricing, and to reserve a set! Rent a ShockWiz today!